Overdue

I received a courtesy notice from the library the other day, letting me know I had some outstanding items on loan. I appreciate the reminders. I think we all could do with courteous reminders when things are due, such as reminders to blog. Yeah, updating this is also overdue.

I have some advance news of a development that will free me up to devote more of my time to educational technology. We will soon finally be able to hire someone for the position of Help Desk Coordinator that I vacated about a year ago. Watch for news about that posting.

Something else that goes lacking for a while and feels overdue is technology improvements. Users complain, request, and suggest product enhancements and new features. Tech producers try to accomodate and, hopefully, satisfy and perhaps even wow customers. Organizations such as Google and Mozilla like to rapidly release updates, while other companies prefer to release updates at a slower pace. Then clients have to evaluate whether to embrace the new version. Caution is warranted when an enterprise depends on the use of a system. As good carpenter’s say, “Measure twice; cut once.” In IT that might translate to “Test as much as you can before implementation.” And so it goes…

. . .

I’ll leave you with an image of my Halloween pumpkin, in honor of a pioneer who passed away recently…